• canadavisa.com

Canada - IRCC updates police certificates requirement for Express Entry

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has updated its instructions on police certificates for those applying for permanent residence through the federal Express Entry system.

Police certificates are now required from any country, or territory, where an applicant has resided for six consecutive months or longer within the last 10 years or since the age of 18.

This change is effective immediately and applies to permanent residence applications through the Express Entry system received on or after January 1, 2015.

Prior to this update, an applicant was required to submit a police certificate from any country or territory where they had resided for a total of six months. This meant that an applicant who spent two months in a country, left and then returned to that same country a few years later for four months was required to provide a police certificate from that country.

An applicant is now only required to submit a police certificate for a country in which they have resided for six months in a row or longer.

The principal applicant, spouse or common-law partner, and dependent children 18 years or older (including non-accompanying dependents) must provide the required police certificates with their electronic application for permanent residence, or e-APR.

Police certificate(s):

  • Must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR;\

  • Must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country;

  • Are required upfront upon submission of the e-APR and are mandatory for each country (except Canada), where an individual has lived for six months or more in a row;

  • Need to be a scan of the original police certificate(s) in color. Certified true copies and unauthorized copies are unacceptable and will result in the application being rejected as incomplete.

#immigration #immigrationcanada #canadaPR #permanentresidencyincanada #workincanada #skilledworkercanada #businessincanada #studyincanada



  • Australia: Our partner company employs MARA registered agents.

  • New Zealand: Our partner company in NZ employs licensed immigration advisors

  • Canada: We work with Regulated Immigration Consultants

  • We are IATA (International Air Transport Association) certified

  • We are a member of TAAI (Travel Agents Association of India)

For more information about us, talk to us at - info@globalinvestorimmigrationservices.com

India: 343(Sierra Cartel Building), 2nd floor, 9th Main, 22nd Cross, sector 7, HSR Layout, Bangalore

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia 2000

Montreal, Canada

DISCLAIMER: We are not part of the Australian, Canadian, UK or any country’s government. We are a private limited company registered in India working with Registered Immigration Attorneys in various countries. We do not have the authority to grant you a Visa of any kind. The final decision on all Visa applications rests with the appropriate government authority in the country to which you are seeking to migrate.

We are a Management/Business Consultancy and assist client companies in talent search for a fee. We do not charge a recruitment fee from any individuals nor do we provide recruitment services.

To provide for secure and safe data management and communication for our clients and ourselves, we do not, as a company policy, accept any calls from VoIP or VPN based internet telephony numbers. We request all our clients to communicate through standard means of communications such as phone or e-mail.